RES Vacancy: Publications Manager wanted
06 May 2022
The Royal Economic Society is recruiting for a Publications Manager who will support the RES publishing strategy including working with Publications Committee on the development of new initiatives in response to changes in the publishing environment.
They will have day-to-day responsibility for the smooth running of the Society’s flagship title The Economic Journal, working closely with the Editor-in-Chief and editors and overseeing the work of support staff. The role also includes responsibilities for budgeting, supplier management and helping market the journals and their content.
This is a varied role where experience of working on a busy and high-profile journal is essential, as is the ability to connect the work of the journals with the Society’s other activities.
- To monitor the external environment related to publications, including open access
- To support new publishing initiatives, including the launch and development of new publications
- To coordinate across editorial offices and lead on the centralisation of publishing activities
- To provide secretariat support for the Publications Committee, including preparation for meetings, writing minutes and following up on action points
- To monitor submissions and editorial activity; preparing statistics and reports for the Editorial Board, Publisher, Publications Committee, Trustee Board and RES staff, as required
- To monitor editorial terms and facilitate the work of the Editorial Appointments sub-committee
If you feel this position suits you, please send your CV along with a personal statement outlining how you meet each person specification point.
Applications should be emailed to email@example.com by 10 May 2022 5pm. Late applications will not be considered.For the full job description, click here.