RES Presents 2020 - Cancelled
17 Feb 2020
It is with regreat that we are cancelling the event due to the COVID-19 outbreak. The event was due to take place on Monday 6 April from 18:30 to 19:30.
The Royal Economic Society invites members of the public to its free event on ‘Brexit, UK and Ireland.’ Part of our 2020 Annual Conference at Queen’s University, Belfast, the event will focus on the challenges facing the economies of Ireland, both Northern Ireland as well as the Republic.
What economics challenges face Ireland and how can economists help solve them?
In this event, a range of distinguished economists from both side of the border, and inside and outside of academia, will discuss these challenges by initially giving a short presentation of their initial thoughts and then taking questions and taking part in the discussion that develops.
- Ms Angela McGowan, CBI Northern Ireland (NI Director)
- Dr Esmond Birnie, Ulster University (Senior Economist)
- Professor Martina Lawless, Economic & Social Research Institute (Research Professor)
- Dr Stephen Kinsella, University of Limerick (Associate Professor)
- Dr Graham Brownlow, Queen's Management School – Chair (Senior Lecturer).
This event is free and open to everyone. Questions and discussion will be encouraged.