2nd Lille-Reading Workshop on International Finance: Tensions within Globalisation
17 Nov 2022 12:00AM - 18 Nov 2022 12:00AM
Third party events
Paper submissions for the 2nd Lille-Reading Workshop on International Finance is now open.
Lille Economie Management (LEM-CNRS) – University of Lille (France), the Group for Economic Analysis, Research (GEAR) – University of Reading (UK) and the European Research Group (GdRE) in Money, Banking and Finance (France/EU) are holding their 2nd Lille-Reading Workshop on International Finance, entitled 'Tensions within Globalisation'.
It will be held online on 17-18 November 2022.
The organisers are welcoming paper submissions on various economic-related topics.
Topics could cover issues such as:
- A new (post-pandemic, post-war) era for globalisation?
- Economies’ vulnerability to commodity shocks
- Central bank reserves management in time of tensions
- Exchange-rate evolution in turbulent periods
- Climate change, natural disasters, and economic policies
- Global lending conditions in challenging times
- New trends in official financial flows
- Disasters and migration flows
- Effects of economic sanctions
- Fiscal policy responses to crises
Please submit a paper as pdf file attachment copied to the following e-mail addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. The deadline for submission of completed papers is September 15, 2022. Acceptance of proposals will be notified by October 5, 2022. The workshop is organised in a sequence of plenary single sessions. Each paper will be assigned a discussant. Presentation will be 25 minutes, followed by 20 minutes for discussion. There are no participation fees. The workshop will be held online.
Christoph TREBESCH (Kiel Institute for the World Economy and Kiel University)
Selected papers will be considered for publication in a special issue of Open Economies Review.