Preparing for the Job Market
The international market for research economists is a semi-organised, single world market in which PhD students from across the globe apply for jobs in October/November and attend interviews at the European Job Market for Economists and/or the American Job Market meetings in December and January.
This is the primary market for research economists joining academia but many consulting firms, tech companies and government agencies (e.g. IMF, World Bank, central banks) recruit their research economists through the same international market.
- Sites for job postings:
- Sites for information on the job market for economists
- The European Job Market for Economists (EJME) by Royal Economic Society
- The European Job Market for Economists (EJME): Home
- The American Job Market: Home
- Rankings of university departments of Economics
- Preparing for the job market