Vacancy: Training and Events Manager
The RES is seeking a bright individual with an ability to lead and manage our events and training activities at a time of organisational development. The Training and Events Manager will be responsible for the planning and delivery of the Royal Economic Society’s (RES) annual programme of events which currently includes an annual international academic conference, mentoring retreat, public lecture, and European Job Market (the latter in collaboration with other partners). The role will also be pivotal in developing a new professional development programme for our members, which may include online delivery. We are looking for a candidate that is flexible and happy to roll up their sleeves in a varied and evolving role. Someone comfortable managing multiple tasks, have great organisational skills and a strong events background.
For full details please see the Training and Events Manager Job Description.
Title: Training and Events Manager
Reports to: Head of Operations
Location: Currently working from home, but otherwise based at our Westminster Offices, Central London (occasional travel to meetings within the UK and Europe may be required)
Salary: £32k-35k dependent on experience
Hours: 35 hours per week
Job Type: 1 year fixed term (with possibility of extension subject to organisational priorities & allocated funding)
Application Process: Via CV with a personal statement outlining how you meet each person specification point.
Closing date: 22nd September with interviews held virtually w/c 28th September 2020.
- Act as primary point of contact for all enquiries related to the Conference and events, including delegates, keynote speakers and exhibitors.
- Build and manage positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Book and liaise with event venues, filming, catering companies and other third-party stakeholders to produce the highest quality events.
- Operational responsibility for event budgets and preparation of post-event financial/activity reports.
- Provide administrative support to the Conference Secretary, including organising and supporting the Conference Committee meetings, ensuring that actions arising are progressed and that best practice is shared.
- Briefing RES staff and officers in the lead up to events as well as on the day and overseeing and coordinating event volunteers.
- Successfully managing the event on the day, troubleshooting any last-minute issues and drawing on support from RES colleagues where appropriate.
- Where events are held virtually – acting as lead on all aspects of online delivery including gaining a thorough understanding of the web-based platform being used to mitigate any technical issues.
- Develop and maintain electronic and paper filing systems, databases and spreadsheets of all key documents and contracts.
Sponsorship and marketing
- Seek revenue from sponsorship and other appropriate forms of event income
- Work with colleagues to compile and disseminate publicity materials such as e-marketing campaigns, leaflets, posters and programmes for events, using social media and other digital channels as appropriate
- Maintain accurate event registration lists using conference programme software, manage the conference registration process and be responsible for updating the conference webpages.
Planning and development
- Gather and analyse data on all events and professional development.
- Research virtual platforms suitable for virtual delivery of different events.
- Provide regular reports on the impact, effectiveness and financial outcome of events and professional development.
- Utilise the feedback on events and professional development (both operational and end user experience) to further develop these programmes.
Enquiries: For further information, or if you require any reasonable adjustments in submitting your application, please contact the office via e-mail at email@example.com
Please note, no agencies.
The Royal Economic Society is committed to equality and valuing diversity.