Non members are welcome to browse the site but the Society would like to encourage you to join the Royal Economic Society and register to the site to get the following benefits of annual membership.
• Reduced conference fees for the RES Annual Conference - to hear the latest research and meet with other economists from across the world.
• A print subscription to The Economic Journal,(EJ) published eight times a year, depending on the membership package selected. Free submission of articles to the EJ and the chance to win the RES prize of £3000 awarded every year to the author(s) of the best published paper. Online access to the EJ back to 1997 including access to forthcoming papers before publication of the print version.
• Online access to The Econometrics Journal including accepted papers as soon as they are typeset. Members may also buy a print subscription to The Econometrics Journal. To order the print version, please complete this online order form (Wiley).
• Quarterly copies of the RES Newsletter including topical articles, comment and letters
• The opportunity to apply for awards and grants offered by the RES as well as the opportunity to elect the RES Council and President of the Society.
• Student members can attend the annual RES PhD Presentation Meetings & JobMarket and receive assistance to attend the RES Annual Conference. Read more about what we offer to University students and early career researchers.
• RES membership of the JSTOR's 'Register & Read' initiative to allow access to scholarly works for individual scholars or professionals not affiliated to an academic institution
• Links with Resources and Jobs in Economics and Conference listings from other professional associations, organisations, CHUDE, the Economics Network, a committee focusing on gender issues(RES Womens Committee) and sources of external research funding.
• A range of annual Membership options for those who are retired, students or from developing countries as well as ordinary membership available as print or online-only. UK members, if you sign up for direct debit your membership will renew annually. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
• Discounted RES scholarly publications including the 30 volume digital editions of the Collected Writings of John Maynard Keynes, which is available to download FREE to RES members. Print copies of all the titles can also be ordered at a special 30% discounted price. Contact the RES Office with your membership details.
• 35% discount on Wiley books. Contact the RES Office with your membership number for details.
Browse through the website to see the wide range of activities and projects we support.
Apply for membership by joining the Society online through our secure site (operated by Wiley Blackwell) using a credit card, cheque or bank transfer. Please note that having paid for membership/subscription you will receive an automated confirmation email and you should then receive a membership number within 48 hours. If you have any difficulties, please contact the membership services team on email@example.com or at the telephone numbers below.
If you prefer not to use our secure online service please arrange your payment via our membership team by telephone or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone numbers for international Wiley departments where you can join the Society with a credit card are:
Tel (toll free):
Europe (inc UK), Middle East and Africa Tel:
Asia Pacific Tel:
To access the Members-only areas of this site: please login with your registered e-mail address and password.
Members joining or renewing online - you are automatically registered with login access to the RES website. Login is based on the email address and password you supplied in your membership application.
Members joining or renewing by post - you need to register on this RES site in order to be able to have login access to the site. If you attempt to register but receive the message that your email address is already registered please use the forgotten password facility which will allow you to reset your password for the email address.If you have not yet registered on the website, please Register here.